In this episode, I have on Albrey Brown to chat about a multitude of issues going on in our country today regarding opportunity and diversity, and specifically in tech. Albrey Brown leads Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts at Airtable, so it was a t
In this episode, I have on Albrey Brown to chat about a multitude of issues going on in our country today regarding opportunity and diversity, and specifically in tech. Albrey leads diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts at Airtable
, so it was a treat to be able to have him on the podcast to ask him questions relating to where we are as a tech industry on the diversity front (and how we can do better). In this episode, we talk about:
- The history of diversity efforts in the Bay Area
- Why white people should aim to practice allyship, not just aim to be allys
- How people with a platform and power can help amplify the voices for people of color, women, and marginalized voices
- How if you weren't thinking about this actively before last week, you were part of the problem. But that's okay!
- How the excuse of "not being able to find any black people to ...fund, interview, hire....is a horrible excuse not to
- How anyone, even the high school with no power or platform, can help change tech and make it a more equitable industry for all people.
You can connect with Albrey on Twitter here
★ Support this podcast by donating ★